Last Updated on July 8, 2021
South Korean game developer Krafton made comeback for the now-banned PUBG Mobile title in India with the launch of Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) in beta in June earlier this year. The game was now officially launched on Android. While you can download and install Battlegrounds Mobile India on your Android device right now, there is no word on iOS and emulator support. With that said, for interested desktop players, here are the steps you can follow to install and play Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) on your PC or Laptop.
Play Battlegrounds Mobile India on PC and Laptop (2021)
As of writing this article, Bluestacks 5 is the only Android emulator that supports BGMI (Battlegrounds Mobile India) officially. Even if you try downloading the game on other emulators, you will get a “Server Busy” error when you open the game. With that problem solved, here’s how you can download and install BGMI on your PC or Laptop.
Download and Install BlueStacks
1. Visit the official website of Bluestacks and download BlueStacks 5. Do keep in mind that you need the latest version of BlueStacks to play BGMI on your PC. You will get an error message if you try playing Battlegrounds Mobile India in BlueStacks 4 or lower version.
2. Open the BlueStacks installer file and click on the “Install now” button to install BlueStacks on your Windows computer. Bluestacks 5 is not available on macOS at the moment, so you can’t play BGMI on your Mac Device.
Install Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) on BlueStacks
1. After installing BlueStacks, open Play Store from the home page. If you are opening the Play Store for the first time within BlueStacks, you will have to log in with your Google account.
2. Once you have logged in, search for the following term on Play Store “Battlegrounds Mobile India”.
3. When the game’s Play Store listing appears, click on “Install” to download the game.
4. Once the install is complete, click “Open” to play BGMI using BlueStacks 5 on your PC or laptop.
5. As is the case on mobile, you will need to log into the game using your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account. Before playing the game, you also have to download the graphic resources. Based on your PC’s hardware specs, you can choose between the low-spec resource pack that’s 381.3 MB in size or the 619.8MB HD resource pack.
Remap Keybinds in BGMI Emulator on PC
If you prefer remapping the keys for better efficiency, you can do that from BlueStacks’ advanced editor. Go to Settings -> Controls -> Customize. Now Navigate to Game Controls -> Open Advanced Editor from the right side panel of BlueStacks 5.
Now, you can now assign your favorite key to any of the controls available in BGMI.
BGMI on PC/ Laptop: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can We Play BGMI on PC?
Yes, you can use BlueStacks 5 emulator to play BGMI on PC and laptops. This is the only emulator which works without the “restrict-area” error.
2. Does BGMI Support Gameloop Emulator?
No, you can’t use Tencent’s Gameloop emulator to play BGMI on PC. Since Tencent’s involvement in PUBG Mobile is the reason why Krafton released BGMI in India, it is unlikely to see BGMI support in Gameloop in the foreseeable future. It remains to be seen if Krafton releases an official BGMI emulator.
3. How to Play BGMI in Emulator?
All you have to do is download BlueStacks 5 to play BGMI in Emulator on your PC. You can follow this detailed guide to install and play BGMI right now.
4. How to Fix Server Busy Error in BGMI?
To fix the server busy error, you should install BlueStacks 5 emulator on your PC. You won’t get the “restrict-area” error message when you play Battlegrounds Mobile India using BlueStacks 5.
Play BGMI Using Emulator on PC and Laptop
So, that’s how you can play Battlegrounds Mobile India on your PC and laptop using an emulator. Although BlueStacks 5 is the only emulator you can use to play BGMI right now, we expect other Android emulators to add support for Battlegrounds Mobile India in the coming weeks.