WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps with over 1.5 billion active monthly users. It comes with several features that make it easy to use and also adds new features regularly.
While WhatsApp was initially built only for smartphones, the company added support for computers to take on Telegram, one of its competitors. Today, we will show you how you can open WhatsApp on your laptop and even use WhatsApp without a smartphone.
How to open WhatsApp on desktop
- First, open a browser on a laptop and go to WhatsApp Web.
- Now, open WhatsApp on your phone and tap the overflow button (three dots) at the top right corner.
- Now, click on ‘WhatsApp Web’ and then click on ‘Ok’.
- Now, point your phone towards your laptop and scan the QR code shown on WhatsApp Web.
- You can log out either from your mobile or directly on the laptop.
That’s it. Now you can use all WhatsApp features on desktop as well.
How to install WhatsApp on Windows laptop
If you don’t want to use the browser to log in to WhatsApp, you can also install the app on your laptop.
- To begin, use a browser and go to WhatsApp’s download page.
- Now, click on ‘Download for Windows (64-bit).
- Now, click on the WhatsApp.exe file and install it.
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your laptop and scan the QR code from your smartphone to login.
How to install and open WhatsApp on macOS 10.10+
- From your browser, go to WhatsApp’s download page.
- Now, click on ‘Download for Mac OS X 10.10 and higher’.
- Now, click on the WhatsApp.dmg file and install it.
- Launch WhatsApp on your laptop and scan the QR code to